Sunday, 4 June 2017

Twos Company

Let me take you back to the 9th January, 2015, when I brought Honey home.  I had taken Polly to the kennels to see how the two of them would get on.  Despite an initial growl from Polly, they were fine. 

Within a few hours of getting home, Honey boldly went over to the dog bed Polly was in and stepped in.  The look on Polly's face was priceless:)  Honey layed down cuddling up to Polly.  Well the old girl made it clear straight away that she was not having this invasion of her space and growled at Honey.  Honey got out of the bed and went into the other one.

She tried this once more a few days later, but the outcome was the same.

Then the other day, over two years since I got Honey, this happened:





They never fully relaxed, but there was no growling.


About 15 minutes later this was Honey.




9 comments:

  1. Awww - baby steps. I can't believe it's been 2 years.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greys are so funny in how they are with there beds mine has just got brave enough to share a bed with my mums dog he goes it really gently and she just raises her eyebrows as if to say I know you are there lol Hope you have a lovely week

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, I know, doesn't time fly.

    Nicky, It's nice that your mums dog allows yours to share a bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute, Sue! It's strange sometimes how relationships develop, isn't it? You have a lovely family! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, that was sweet, Sue! Thank you for sharing their two-year journey to a sort of pillow detante! Hopefully it won't be another two years before they are cuddled up together! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darnell, It all depends on my old girl Polly, as she's the one that likes her own space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww, what fun pictures. They love each other, Polly just needs her space when she sleeps. That's okay, there are nights when the snoring gets so bad I go down on the couch to get some sleep, ha ha. They sure do know how to relax.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, My girls don't snore, but they often dream and make noises and look like they are running.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments. I do read them all and will reply in this comments section.

All comments will appear once approved.